Welcome to the Te Upoko O Te Ika (TUI) Climate Community- a physical and online space to connect, collaborate, share information, and provide a hub and point of contact for the public; and to overall build a stronger climate community!
In setting up this platform we aim to provide:
- Monthly social events to connect groups working across climate and environmental issues in Wellington
- An accessible place to provide information about all the different groups and campaigns, with assistance to help interested public find where they can fit in the climate space
- A platform to share skills and resources
- A physical and virtual space to share events and campaigns across local groups
- Free working / meeting space for environmental groups
Your organisation can contribute events to the Tui Calendar. This Calendar is available on the site in ics format, meaning anyone with an Android phone can see it in their calendar. https://www.tuiclimatecommunity.nz/add-an-event
Info for groups:
If you’d like your group represented, here’s what we need:
- Some information about your group- or make a poster we can put on the wall
- Directions and contact details for how people can join your groups
- (Optional) a more specific list of “vacancies” – what skills are you missing? And/or a “to-do list” of specific tasks that people can do to help you out.
Info for individuals:
When not in lockdown, we host free regular “drop-in” sessions where you can come in and see us, and we can help you figure out how you can get involved; whether its tree planting, political lobbying, direct action, research, or dozens of other ways you are needed! During lockdown there is still plenty going on and we are still here to help connect you up and show you how you can be influential- send us a message on Facebook or email email@example.com.
We want the Tui Climate Community to evolve to fit however works best and however we can maximise what groups will get out of it. If you would like to be involved in the organising group, would like to plan one of the monthly events, host a drop-in session, have ideas on how you would like the hub used, or any other thoughts on what we can do that could be useful to you, please get in touch!
And, of course, we want this space to be as welcoming and inclusive as possible. This is a community that will evolve and grow, and we invite collaboration, feedback, and ideas.